Friday, July 1, 2011

Look Out, World!

So I had a random idea when Skyping with KO last week, and then I mentioned said random idea when on the phone with my mom the other day, who seemed generally supportive. Then last night while I was "work"ing I found myself perusing the interwebs in search of the closest DMV (which is evidently called the Motor Vehicle Commission now) location to my house in NB and/or to campus, and evidently it's not bus-able [which is ironic, imo], but nonetheless I will find a way to get there, because (drumroll please):

I'm gonna get my learner's examination permit!!! (That's evidently what it's called when you're a first-time driver aged 21+.)

Fuckyeah stayin on that grown-ass woman game. If I can live by myself in a house, pay rent, pay bills, commute to work, be getting ready to graduate, and try my hand at grown woman things like falling in love, I should be able to drive myself places. My little sister is learning to drive before I am, and that's just not cute. So I'ma get on that. I have to retake my written test because my passing score expired a little over three years ago...[and I just don't remember any of that shit anyway]. So let's add that to the list of things I'm studying for this summer, in addition to thesis and perhaps the GRE. Furthering the modes of independence=I'm excited!   

No comments:

Post a Comment