Saturday, August 21, 2010

xkcd

So I've recently become slightly obsessed with the web comic xkcd. XKCD doesn't stand for anything, in case you were wondering, and proclaims to be a comic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language--3 of those are among my favorite things in the world! (And even math makes me remember high school fondly and wonder whatever happened to the person I might have been had I not gone to California and given up on calculus...she's probably wandering around in some parallel universe, furiously scribbling equations on some clear plastic board...) I had dabbled in it in the past, curiously clicking friend-provided links and occasionally venturing to the site on my own, but just learned that there is a secret message that appears if you hover over the comic, which sometimes provides further insight into the more complicated comics, and sometimes contains a second punch-line! It entertains me so, and I'm almost considering purchasing a signed print of one of my favorites to hang in my room. (Sn: I'm trying to think of really cool dorm decorations to put in my single, if you have any great ideas let me know. My room is mostly blues, greens, tans, and browns...I'm into cool colors.)
Anyway, it gives me so much pleasure during these days of summer boredom that I thought I'd let you all check it out too. It's really quite adorable, even if you don't get the math (which I almost never do.) 

My absolute favorite ever. (so far)

1 comment: