Sunday, August 1, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge--Day Fifteen: To the Person You Miss the Most

Dear Person I Miss the Most,


I'm having issues writing this letter. I'm slightly confused as to whether or not this is a good thing, but I'm not exactly sure who you are. There are many moments when I strongly miss someone in that moment, such as when I'm at the beach or when I'm having an India party or when I did that double-take on the train last week. But like, an overall pining over someone that I miss above everyone else?? No one is really standing out to me. It's not the silly boy; I'm still convinced that I've successfully moved him to the back burner of my life for the time being, despite what the best friend says. It's not the best friend, I'm pretty used to our relationship being primarily digital. Sometimes it's my mommy but only for a moment.
Last summer I would have had issues writing this letter as well, but for totally different reasons. I'd have missed so many people so much that it would be hard to choose who to write to. Besides another year's worth of life lessons and maturity, I guess the obvious difference is Chicago. My life is just so FULL here; it's sometimes hard to even remember the things I miss unless I really try to focus on them. A dull day in this city has to be, like, an active decision, haha.Instead of just distracting myself with things to fill the days, here I can actively plan a new adventure each day and feel satisfied at night after my exploration. It's a pretty fulfilling way of life; I'm going to miss it.
So I don't know who it is right now, but in a few weeks the person I miss most will probably be the independent-city-explorer-fulfilled-curious-free-to-be-herself person I have been here. Home will squish her like a bug. *sigh*


-My

1 comment:

  1. THIS. IS. SO. SAD!!!!!!!!!!! ugh i know how you feel though;___;

    ReplyDelete