Monday, August 16, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge--Day Thirty: To Your Reflection in the Mirror

Dear That Girl I See Staring Straight Back at Me,

Yup I stole that from Mulan. So sexist, but one of my favorite Disney movies. (Sn: I love almost all Disney movies. Except the Toy Story series...not really the biggest fan. Didn't even see TS3.) 
Hmm, my reflection in the mirror. I don't see you as often as I used to, especially since I've come home. I guess I only really see you when I'm trying to make [so-called] improvements to you, like doing my makeup or plucking my eyebrows, and these things seem incredibly less important when I'm back in the house I grew up in, with the people who've known me since before I knew what mascara was. Or before I leave the house if I'm going somewhere I'll see people; but the only place I've seriously been with people since I've been home is the beach, which is rather obviously dress-down, haha. 
It's kind of ironic, because in the past I've had people mock me for how much time I could spend looking at you. Does this mean we've grown apart, or closer together? Have I just stopped caring about you? Are you me, or just a manifestation of who I try to appear to be? If I stop looking at you, am I trying to just be? 
I'm sure our relationship will pick back up once the school year starts. Hmm...that kind of pokes holes in my claim that I try to look good for myself, huh? I guess it really is for all of them. Meh, *hates that she cares so much what other people think of you*. Damn superficiality. 


-Me


PS -- I don't tell you this enough, but I love you, you sexay thang ;)



I am now in a world where I have to hide my heart, and what I believe in. But somehow, I will show the world what's inside my heart, and be loved for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment