Saturday, August 7, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge--Day Twenty-One: To someone you judged by their first impression

Dear ****,

When I first saw you, I thought you were going to be an artsy grad student poet who comes to the park near the museum to get away from it all and focus on your work. In short, I thought you were going to be exactly the kind of guy I'd love to stumble across on a solo venture in the city. 
But I was disappointed from the very beginning: "poem" turned out to be "gangsta gospel rap". Park turned out to just be convenient because you work at the museum, and are not going to school. You're 27 and I don't think you even went to undergrad."Artsy" could very very liberally be used to describe you, but it's definitely not a word I'd choose. 
I thought you were going to be a wonderful discovery. You were actually just an ego boost, and I was glad to eventually be rid of you. 
Haha, it's a good thing I never trust first impressions.

-Maya 

1 comment: