Thursday, September 1, 2011

I don't have to hate comedy?!

So, something y'all might not know about me is that I generally dislike slapstick/stand-up comedy. People tell me I'm being too sensitive, but hey, you know, -isms and -phobias are just things I cannot justify finding funny. [Read that as sometimes I laugh, but I'm judging myself for it.] Oppression is not the business, and if you make money off of promoting it then you will not get my support. Plain and simple.

So when Colorlines said they were doing a post about comedians " that are doing race well, and leaving out other garbage," I was excited. Wanda Sykes already gets the Maya Reid Seal of Approval, so I wasn't surprised to see her, but this guy right here was my favorite of the skits they posted:



And let's add in some Wanda just because she's a boss:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment