Saturday, September 3, 2011

The categories Netflix creates for me must say something about my life.

  • "Underdog Movies based on real life"
    • You root for the little guy because you've never stopped viewing yourself as one.
  • "Sentimental Tearjerkers featuring a strong female lead"
    • Strong female lead? Hell yeah that's me. And "keep in mind that I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my shit." (Erykah Badu)
  • "Critically-acclaimed sentimental documentaries"
    • For the sociologist in me.
  • "Witty Romantic Opposites Attract Comedies"
    • Even though I would much rather find someone similar to me than someone who is very unlike me in a great many ways, I love it when the two characters you aren't supposed to expect to get together (except you do expect it because, well, this is a genre) get together.
  • "Girl Power Movies"
    • Does this really require explanation?
  • "Cerebral Suspenseful TV Dramas"
    • I like crime dramas and medical dramas because they fascinate me. I want to be fascinated when I watch TV, not just entertained. 
  • "Inspiring Sports Movies"
    • I don't really know what it is about these, because I'm really quite the opposite of a sports fan in real life, but if you give me a movie about a struggling football/basketball team that overcomes its issues as a result of some male bonding and a few impassioned speeches, I will be crying like a baby. 
  • "Movies About Food" 
    • I actually laughed out loud at this one. It's "based on my interest in Soul Food and The Spitfire Grill. I mean, I do like food, though.
  • "Steamy TV Dramas"
    • Mmm, well, I do like steamy...
  • "First Love Teen Romance"
    • Oh my heart is melting just reading that description.

No comments:

Post a Comment