Sunday, September 11, 2011

Unintended chivalry

Things I knew already: I have awesome friends. Tonight, one of my awesome friends asked me into the middle of a circle of people to dance, and then unexpectedly picked me up and told me to wrap my legs around his waist. I obliged, and he twirled us around while I laughed louder than I've laughed in weeks and held on for dear life. I thought he knew that I was trying very hard to not be uncomfortable about something that has no business bothering me, and was trying (incredibly successfully) to distract me, but it turns out he was just being his wonderful self. And that's even better. And he put me in such a good mood that the other thing didn't even matter, and I don't think it will in the future either.

I know I didn't leave for that substantial a period of time, but everyone else did, and so...it feels good to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment