Sunday, September 11, 2011

New (School) Year's Resolutions

Well, I'm all moved in and mostly unpacked, just got home from my first night of partying, and while I look wistfully at my bed wishing the stuff on it would put itself away so I can lay down, I guess it's time to talk about the ways I want this year to be different. It's my last shot, so I need to give these my best shot.
  1. To not be so sucked up in my eating club that I don't spend time with my pre-Quad friends. 
  2. To further my quest to really own myself in every possible way.
  3. To have more fun, particularly of the this-will-be-a-great-story-about-my-crazy-college-days variety. Again, last shot.
  4. To visit every eating club on The Street (don't worry if that sentence means nothing to you). 
  5. To plan without being so caught up in my plans that I'll feel like the world is falling apart if my plans need to change.
  6. To be as open in real life as I am on here.
  7. My GPA is currently the highest it has ever been; I resolve not to let it drop below this point.
  8. To keep my grown woman game on the up-and-up. 
  9. I've never gone a whole semester without skipping a single class. Successfully doing that would make me feel like a "good student" or something.
  10. That going to the gym thing died with a quickness last year. I should get back on that.
  11. To take advantages of the resources Princeton has while I still have the chance. Especially Career Services everything and Mellon Mays everything so I'm not at a total loss for what to do between here and graduate school.
  12. To be positive. Things are scary, yes. Things are gonna be hella difficult sometimes, yes. None of that is reason not to smile. It made me feel so great when the professor I worked with this summer told me I brighten her day; I want to always make people feel like that. 
I feel like '12 is a good number.
"To always be intending to live a new life, but never find time to set about it - this is as if a man should put off eating and drinking from one day to another till he be starved and destroyed." --Walter Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment