Monday, August 15, 2011

Generally, I hate ads that bear no relation to the product being advertised.

You know the kind of ads I'm referring to: young pretty people having fun fun fun for 25 seconds and then a screen about how this ad is for the jeans/sneakers they were wearing. Usually this makes me feel like that small segment of my life has been wasted even more spectacularly than a commercial usually wastes small segments of my life. Sometimes, though, it can be really funny--foreign countries manage this well--like in this banned condom commercial. (Though I must state, for the record, that it isn't really cool to insinuate that this child wasn't wanted/isn't loved.)


Today I learned that these types of commercials can also be kind of cool and inspirational-ish. Maybe I'm just in a cheesy mood, but I'm kind of sad Levi's pulled this ad due to criticism about its ill-timing due to the London riots. 



No comments:

Post a Comment