Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Facebook blasts from the past

So I'm sure all of you know that Facebook recently updated its messaging system to like, streamline and organize all of your messages and chats, right? At first I was like, "Oh, that's neat. I suppose it could be convenient." My tune has changed a little bit now, though, as a message from a friend I haven't talked to in a while showed up attached to a string of messages from over a year ago. Messages that were full of longing thinly veiled as friendly banter and ended with hearts that probably failed to be nonchalant. Basically, messages from a me I kind of forgot existed, from a relationship almost-turn that never made it around the bend. It was weird seeing them, and knowing that if I could see them hovering up above our current conversation, so could he. So much changes in the space of a year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment