Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A conversation with my boss

My [female heterosexual] boss: You should be a model.
Me: *blushes (you know, without any actual reddening of the skin)* *smiles widely* *covers smile with hand*
Boss: I'm serious! I always look at you and I don't want you to think I'm just staring, but you have a beautiful face. You should be in magazines.
Me: *hasn't taken hand away from face yet* Thank you! 
Boss: Why do you seem so surprised?
Me: ...That's just not something I hear often.
Boss: *looks like she's confused* You've never thought about it?
Me: NEVER.
Boss: Well you should! Now get out of here, you're too cute! 


I'm keeping my job throughout the school year, at more hours than I originally figured were possible, and my boss thinks I'm hot but isn't hitting on me, so I kind of believe her. And that lady I talked about before compared me to Billie Holiday again today. 


I don't know what's going on, but Life, if you can hear me, feel free to send some more of it my way. 

1 comment: