Saturday, June 4, 2011

Moms are so adorably over-protective.

So I moved into my new house in New Brunswick today, and my mom is like, FREAKING OUT. She made sure all the downstairs windows were locked and checked the locks on both doors and tested my doorbell and turned the porch light on when she left at 6pm. She's not comfortable with me living by myself at all. She thinks the grocery stores in my neighborhood are too sketchy for me to shop at by myself, and in my head I'm thinking, if you could have SEEN the places I worked at in Chicago. But alas, it's probably good for both of us that she hasn't.

Anyway, as we were hanging up the phone tonight: "Sleep well, Mom." "I'll tryyyyyyy." *rolls eyes* "Mom, I'll be fineeeee." "What time do you think you'll get up in the morning?" "Why, do you want me to call you as soon as I open my eyes so you know I survived the night?" "YES!"

Moms. You gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment