Sunday, October 9, 2011

Something strange has been happening to me this week.

At our weekly Pub Night at my eating club, K was sitting next to me and having a beer with his dinner. Since the summer, he's been trying beers more regularly, while I've been...sitting on the sidelines in awe at this transformation. Occasionally when he or E is beer-trying in my presence, I help myself to a sip. Usually, I regret this decision immediately. But something strange happened this Thursday night...I...didn't find the experience of tasting K's beer to be unpleasant. In fact, I had a second sip to confirm, and found that I actually kind of...enjoyed it. 

And then I made the radical decision that I was going to get a Yuengling of my own, and drank the whole thing enthusiastically! I later had two cups of a much shittier beer while playing Kings, and while I didn't enjoy it as much, I could handle it. Yesterday at dinner, I had a cup of Weinstephaner with my burger and again, found the experience to be somewhat pleasurable. 

...I think I'm developing a tolerance for beer. I don't know how this happened, but my wallet is thanking me already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment