Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm So Uncultured:

Black Enterprise Magazine released a list of the top-grossing Black independent films of all time, and I've only seen two (maaayyybbbbeeee three) of them. This disgusts me, and I'm pretty sure these need to work their way onto my viewing list immediately. In my defense, I spent considerable time and effort searching for Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It this summer and could not find it anywhere on the internet, even legal places like Netflix, so if you've got any kind of a hookup on that one, lemme know.

The list, if you're interested:

-Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song
-She’s Gotta Have It
-Trois
-Sankofa
-Precious (I have seen and written an academic paper about why I don't approve of this.)
-Hotel Rwanda (I mayyyyyy have seen this, but that means I should probably watch it again.) 
-Paid In Full 
-Ray (I have seen this.)
-Daughters of the Dust 
-I Got The Hook Up

No comments:

Post a Comment