Saturday, November 6, 2010

My New Motto in Life

What exactly my dear are you clinging to
Some propaganda stating you've gone as far as you're going to?
That your skies are finite and limited
That your growth is an impossible dream
That your future is inhibited
Aw please, they been shoveling them lies since the '50s
Can't nobody decide what your life can move through
This is your time and your challenge--what is it that you want to do?
Sit and be still and not shine the way your light was meant to?
Oh, I pray that ain't true, I pray that ain't true
Aw please, don't fall into the abyss because something negative once ruled you
Please understand I'm from where you are and I've got to fight my demons too
Please don't give up because somebody broke your heart and some things fell through
This is life. You owe it. Life does NOT owe you, okay?
An obstacle is something that impedes or blocks one's way
You can climb over, you can dig under, you can chip through it, you can go around it, you can move it, you can ignore it, but you can DO it
YOU      CAN        DO          IT

-Jill Scott, as seen in this song by Kem:

No comments:

Post a Comment