Monday, November 1, 2010

I Been Gone for a Minute/ Now I'm Back at the Jump-Off

So sorry I disappeared for almost a month. What can I say? Life got busy. But I missed the release I get from this, so I'ma try to be more faithful to you, dear blog and dearest readers.

October in a Nutshell (readysetgo!)

That guy I was gushing over all summer? He has a new girlfriend. She's a freshman. Possibly cuter than me. I found this out by running into them when they were on a date. (low point)

The next day, random (cute) black sophomore guy and I got pretty damn hot and heavy on the dance floor at Quad, and I WASN'T EVEN THAT DRUNK. (high point)

Omg, I absolutely love my Junior Paper topic, and so far the research is fan-fucking-tastic. I'm studying the effects of the institutional structure of large public universities and small private universities on students' transitions to adulthood. I designed an awesome survey and am comparing institutions on lots of variables and I'm pretty sure I've done more work than I need to by this point, and the best part is I'm enjoying it so much!!! Watching this transform from an idea I thought could be cool to a tangible item I created, and watching the item go out into the world and come back with data from real people that kind of fits the idea i originally had! Fuck all those oh-no-what-have-I-done feelings I was having immediately after declaring SOC last year, I fucking LOVE. MY. DEPARTMENT. Kind of related side note: I also fucking love my friends from Oakcrest. I hadn't talked to some of them in legitimately YEARS, but now that I need research help, they're all willing (and most of them excited) to help, and it makes me feel so loved! <3


(Oh and I think I have a thesis topic. But we'll discuss this later.)

I got a LAMP mentee this year! And I already know her and absolutely love her. She came over last week and we chatted and had fancy snacks. It was so cuteI. People think we're a great match, and we're determined to prove them right.

 I think I'm developing a new best guy friend. I mean, Quad's given me a whole circle of amazing new friends who I love and wouldn't trade for the world, but I think one specifically is taking over that spot in my life, which has been feeling decidedly empty for a little while. (Kind of sad side note: Somehow, I feel like seeing the guys that used to share the position of my best guy friend nearly every day now that they're in Quad with me is hurting us, somehow. I don't really understand it...maybe because I don't just go chill with them anymore because they're so far away? Maybe because I'm too...[insert whatever's wrong with the way I am with very close guy friends here] in public at Quad and it weirds them out? Maybe I'm just reading too much into this? Whatever's going on, I feel like K is taking M and A's spot, and the strangest part is I'm not sure I mind so much. I love all three of them with all of my heart.)


Midterms were rough but obviously survive-able. Enough said.


I think I said this already, but Princeton is beautiful in the fall. I want to spend part of this break (once I get back on campus) appreciating that.


PRINCETON HALLOWEEN WAS THE MOST FUCKING AMAZING NIGHT OF MY LIFE. I'm sorry ML friends, Pirate Party may have been surpassed. I got soooooo many compliments about my scandalous costume ("GOD IF I HAD YOUR BOOBS"- a friend). I had sooooooooo much to drink, but remember the entire night. I had a great time behind the bar, getting hit on by lots of frat guys from Rutgers and BEATING TWO AT CHUG IN YOUR FACE! A co-Quad-officer was dressed as a doctor and we were on tap together for a little while (didn't plan this); out of this came the quote, "NURSE THIS MAN NEEDS BEER, STAT!" There is at least one photograph that is too scandalous for facebook. Two random WHITE GUYS danced with me; that never happens. A friend of mine and I exchanged a verrrrrry tight hug complete with cheek kisses (just drunken fun. Not even thinking about reading anything into it.)  While all my little-pussy friends chased their shots with apple cider, I chased my shot with another shot. All in all it was an incredible night and so totally what I needed.


And nowwwwwww I'm in Florida visiting my dad for half of fall break! 


yayyyyyyy nutshells!

No comments:

Post a Comment