Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fact: I really like my uncle's current girlfriend

because she makes an active effort to include me in post-amazing-meal-my-Nana-has-prepared discussion among the adults. As the only person in my local family who falls into my age category (ahhh, emerging adulthood constantly on the brain. Thanks, JP), I usually end up curled up on the couch in a corner reading and observing this conversation from afar. But now, she asks my opinion on things, or will direct something at me, and it is slowly having the effect of pulling me into the "adult" category of my family, as opposed to downstairs with the kids. But when I want to, I can still dip out of the conversation and return to my book and my couch. It's nice, I like no longer being isolated, but not having to be totally included either. Oh middle ground. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment