Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I realize I've been making a long-running list

of things that are simply no longer acceptable in my life, things that I will not under any circumstances tolerate.

This list includes:

  • not getting at least 6 and a half hours of sleep a night
  • not having at least a solid hour for both lunch and dinner, meal time = break time
  • taking on new officer positions/leadership roles just because other people want/expect me to, not because I actually have a desire to
  • similarly, wasting time doing things I don't want or need to be doing, that I could be spending doing things I enjoy
  • limiting my overt portrayals of/references to my sexuality for fear of being judged
  • Maya-the-blogger and Maya-the-poet making war, not love
  • being on that dumb dating site.
  • Quad becoming my entire social life/losing touch with my friends from before Quad
  • NEW ADDITION: being so caught up in the black community that I have lost touch with the other things I care about, especially like LGBTQQA activism. It's not acceptable that SO MANY of my very close friends are LGBTQ, but I let being in the ridiculously-religious-and-thus-vaguely-homophobic black community at Princeton trump my lifelong ties to this other community. 
Reteaching Gender and Sexuality from Sid Jordan on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment