Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So I Probably Should Have Realized this Sooner...

...but there are hella black people in Chicago! The high school my company is based in is 94% African-American. It kind of just hit me today that every student who wanders into my office during the day is black! As a person who barely even talked to any other black people during high school, this is CRAZY WEIRD. 

You know what else is weird? Catching the bus in the morning alongside little like, 12 year olds on their way to middle school, when they're soooo much more comfortable and confident in where they're going than I am.

This kind of makes me wonder who I would be if I'd grown up in a city...and who I'll be after Chicago leaves its mark on me...


P.S.--Hella black folks includes hella fine-ass black men, at least from what I saw on the train today! I might hafta go out on the prowl, haha!

1 comment:

  1. you better work it maya!!! im sure chicago will make you into a better woman for sure and i hope you meet some really fine men! i was talking to this french guy last night and he was so cool!!! good luck maya!<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete