Monday, June 14, 2010

Chicago Bucket List

So I'd been here two weeks and I hadn't gone out to explore the city since my second day when I went with my roommate and her boyfriend to Navy Pier. Unbeknownst to me at the time, my roommate had gone home for the weekend and I had the apartment all to myself on Saturday...which translated into I didn't see another human being for over 24 hours. 

I got to feeling pretty lonely--go figure--and after a great but unexpected pep talk from a friend who's probably going to become a lot closer, I decided to make a Chicago Bucket List: a great big list of awesome shit I want to do while I'm here. I'm determined to do all of it. And I've already basically wasted 20% of my time here, so it's time to kick it into high-gear.

I need to stop being a little bitch about doing things by myself; I'm not going to have much fun if I sit around waiting for someone else to want to have fun with me. New motto: make every day an adventure! 

Here's my list. I'll probably add to it from time to time, and I'll be sure to come back and cross things off as they get accomplished. Feel free to comment and suggest other awesome Chicago things to do!



Chicago Bucket List
1.        Write a poem in the Lincoln Park Conservatory
2.      Go to the Lincoln Park Zoo
3.      Go to the DuSable Museum (free July 3)
4.      Visit the Art Institute (free Thurs. 5-8pm)
5.      Eat deep dish pizza
6.      Sears Tower
7.       Take pictures in the Hot Air Balloon at Navy Peir
8.      “Beach”
9.      Record the Buckingham Fountain Show
10.    Swimming at a pool
11.      Water playground
12.    Attend BGLH meetup June 26
13.    Go to a natural hair salon
14.     Adler planetarium
15.    Shedd Aquarium
16.     Field Museum
17.     Museum of Contemporary Art (Free Tuesdays til 8pm)
18.    Museum of Contemporary Photography (free daily, Thurs til 8pm)
19.    Picnic in Millennium Park
20.  Take cool reflection pictures at the Bean
21.    Eat dinner at at least one soul food restaurant
22.  Take a free dance class
23.  Take a free yoga class
24.  Make a midnight donut run
25.  See at least one concert

No comments:

Post a Comment