Sunday, December 16, 2012

#ThingsILearnedCelebratingRGsBirthday

  1. Cake is bread.
  2. The people who own Busboys and Poets, which is my favorite establishment in DC, own a soul food restaurant modeled after the life and works of Zora Neale Hurston. Their food/drinks are on point.
  3. Concerts by indie White Canadian bands are trippy as fuck. (I took a cue from @Baratunde Thurston and did a little #negrospotting--besides our party of 5, I saw 5 other visibly Black people, and heard on good faith that there were two more I didn't see.)
  4. If you have developed a close bond with a particular bartender at a particular bar, he will take care of you and your friends on your birthday. He will, in fact, make delicious shots, give them to you at a discount, and take one himself. 
  5. The amaretto sours are much better at Front Page than they are at Sign of the Whale.
  6. DC has a no-touching rule with regards to strippers that extends to no lap dances.
  7. Female patrons get special attention/privileges from female strippers. I had dancers do moves for me they hadn't done for any men, and one even caressed my face despite #6.
  8. The G2 likes to go incognito after a certain time and say it's not in service, but it is. Next Bus won't be able to give you any information about it, but it will show up right on time and take you where you need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment