Thursday, December 27, 2012

The best moment of my Christmas vacation

was not opening my presents. 

It was not seeing my family eat the cookies and pie that I so lovingly made.

It was not baking said cookies with TN, or surprising TJ and DH with them. 

It wasn't watching The Preacher's Wife with my mom.

It wasn't my little brother actually helping us decorate the tree.

It wasn't snuggling with FO on his couch. 

It wasn't breakfast with SH.

It wasn't dinner, though that was delicious.

For a while, I thought it was going to be the moment my mother's look of confusion blossomed into a look of joyful recognition as she recognized what Garmin is a brand of. 

But something tiny beat all of that. After dinner and present-opening at my grandmother's house, my little 9 year old cousin was sitting in the living room as we were talking about my little sister's first semester of college.
Cousin: I already know what college I want to go to.
Me: Oh really? What college do you want to go to?
Cousin: Princeton! ...Or Old Miss because it was in The Blind Side.
(later)
 Me: Why hasn't anyone tried my pie yet? No one appreciates me.
Cousin: I appreciate you, Maya. You inspire me to do lots of things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment