Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quack, Quack

I've been thinking a lot about baby ducks recently. More specifically, about how sometimes I feel kind of like a baby duck, and not just in that I'm cute and loveable and soft (LOL) and that some might call me high-yellow.
I've been thinking about imprinting. How when a duckling hatches, it latches on to the first living thing it sees and calls it mama. Supposedly humans don't do this. But I feel like I do, in a different way. The first place that feels nice, I call it home and don't want to let go. The first people I knew on this campus are still my closest friends, and losing one of them to Oxford for a semester hurts. I seize the smallest show of affection and in return, find small ways to scream love.
I think I care too much about everything, and I'm fairly sure it's just going to get me hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment