Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reasons I Love India.Arie

Brown skin, you know I love your brown skin

I'm not the average girl from your video, and I ain't built like a supermodel, but I learn to love myself unconditionally, because I am a queen. I'm not the average girl from your video, my worth is not determined by the price of my clothes, no matter what I'm wearin I will always be, [Maya Reid]

When I look in the mirror and the only one there is me, every freckle on my face is where it's supposed to be. And I know our creator didn't make no mistakes on me--my feet, my thighs, my lips, my eyes: I'm lovin what I see!

Put your salt on the shelf, go on and love yourself, and everything's gonna be alright...

Strength, courage, and wisdom...it's been inside of me all along.

Don't make no mind about fallin down, cuz it's when you're in that valley you can see both sides more clearly

You are wonderful. You are beautiful. You are powerful.

Baby, look how far we've come, yeah. I'm havin a private party, learnin how to love me, celebratin the woman I've become.

My body is beautiful and sacred, and I'm gonna celebrate it.

Are you a pauper or a superstar? So you act, so you feel, so you are.

Behind my eyes there is a me that I've been hiding for much too long.

I have found that the art of simplicity simply means making peace with your complexity.

I am not my hair, I am not this skin I am not your expectations no. I'am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

I can't live for everybody; I gotta live my life for me.

I choose to be the best that I can be. I choose to be courageous in everything I do. My past don't dictate who I am...I choose. And I choose to be the best that I can be. I choose to be authentic in everything I do. My past don't dictate who I am....I choose.

From this day forward, I'm gonna be exactly who I am. I don't need to change the way that I look just to get a man.

Life is a journey, not a destination.There are no mistakes, just chances we take. Lay down your regrets, cuz all we have is now.

I open up my heart and I'm gonna do my part and make this a positively beautiful day.

Life is a challenge, not a competition. You can still smell the roses and be on a mission. Just take a moment and get in touch with your heart. Sometimes you feel like you've got something to prove. Remind yourself that there's only one you. Just take a moment and give thanks for who you are.

Cuz you're beautiful like a flower, more valuable than a diamond. You are powerful like a fire. You can heal the world with your mind and there is nothing in the world that you cannot do when you believe in you who are beautiful, yeah you who are brilliant, yeah you who are powerful, yeah you who are resilient.


...All in all, I love india.Arie because it's impossible to listen to her without falling more and more in love with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment