Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wanted: Someone to play hookie with me

Sometime in the not-too-distant future--preferably once this batch of unseasonably warm weather runs itself out (although I won't complain if that never happens, haha), but I wouldn't be against this happening tomorrow by any mean--I want to take a day off from my life. I want to say fuck class, fuck reading, fuck my thesis, fuck the color-coded Excel spreadsheet of jobs I still have to apply to, fuck whatever meetings I have...Life, I'm taking a vacation day. I want to wake up, revel in how warm and cozy my bed is...and not have to get out of it. I want to stay in bed all day.


And I don't want to do it alone. The only thing better than waking up and being able to snuggle back into your warm bed is waking up and being able to snuggle up to the warm person in your bed. I want to wake up and snuggle with someone, and once we're awake enough to move without feeling like a spell is being broken, I want to make us tea to lift our spirits. I want to watch movies or funny Youtube videos on my laptop with this person. I want us to give each other massages and have a tickle war or three. I want to order Chinese food and just put on my bathrobe to go to the front door and get it, and I don't want my feet to get all cold while I'm walking in the hallway. We could move to the desk for the purpose of Bananagrams and maybe a crossword puzzle we're not too concerned with actually finishing. I want to go exploring through the fantastic landscapes of each other's bodies, and I want conversation that is just as stimulating. I want the easy whole comfort of temporary co-ownership of one another. And as impossible as this is in the hectic world of Princeton, aka the overwork Olympics, I don't want either of us to feel guilty for this day off. 


I can't imagine this will actually happen, but hey, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment