Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yo, this actually happened to me last week!

http://thefreshxpress.com/2010/11/no-country-for-smart-girls-do-we-dumb-down-for-date/

 I was playing Scrabble with my mom and her new guy. Dude had been runnin his mouth for weeks talkin bout how his name is Paul but you can just call him Scrabble King *gags* and how we need to brush up on our game before we play him. So I mean, anyone who knows me knows ...I had to set the record straight. So he drew the closest letter to A (a friggin H) and got to go first and he made COAT on a double word score for a whopping 12 points. My mom made something for 13 points, and on my turn I make JOG with the J on a triple letter square for 27 points. Dude gives me this hella salty look like just because he thinks he's the shit means I can't show him up. I say, just as cool as you please, "I think I've made it clear that I don't like trash talkers." So the game goes on and in the end I blow him away, but he gets my mom by 10 points or something. Mommy makes him bow to me and call me Scrabble Queen *additional gagging* and he mumbles for the rest of the night about how he guesses it's okay for the Princeton mind to beat him, but at least Mommy didn't. And the next day, she was going off about how she's so mad we didn't both destroy him.

Now maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the flirting/dating ways of legitimate adults, but this does not seem like FRIENDLY competition to me. And dude needs a reality check if he thinks he can regularly take us.

Sigh, I was really hoping he'd be a legitimate opponent. But seriously, it's a game.

1 comment:

  1. man. some people, huh? you can play a friendly game with my mom and me any day!:P

    ReplyDelete