Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Interview Hair

I have an interview today, in about an hour and a half, and all morning I've been really concerned about what I'm going to do with my hair. My mom says my natural curls are "cute", but not "professional" enough for an interview. She thinks I should comb it back into a ponytail so I don't come off as some kind of a radical. But what I don't think she understands is that this isn't some phase I'm going through or a style I'm into right now; this. is. my. hair. And this is how I'm going to wear it every single day I'm at work, so why lie to them in the beginning? If something as simple as the style of my hair can keep me from getting an internship at this company, then this company probably isn't a place I want to work for, now is it? I don't think so. So I will wear my hair the same way I do every day, out and free to be itself; how can I be confident enough to shake hands strongly, look my interviewer in the eye, and all the other points that win jobs if I'm not even confident enough to be myself? It just doesn't make sense. Love yourself first and the whole world will love you too, right?

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You get 'em Maya!! Ig anything you could get a nice banana clip and clip it back so its still crazy but maybe a little more tame? Also, try that with some cute dangle earrings for a real out-of-the-park look!

    ..I'm trying out to be a fashion columnist! Good eh?

    ..Not really, but I feel like I really sounded like one in that comment. ahha.

    ReplyDelete